The EB-5 program allows foreign investors to obtain a green card and a path to U.S. citizenship when they invest in American job-creating projects by investing a minimum of either $500,000 or $1,000,000 in a profit making US company. The amount of investment required depends on where the money will be invested.
In order to gain legal permanent residence in the US EB-5 applicants must first apply for conditional permanent residence, which lasts for 2 years. During this time the investor must meet the conditions outlined below in order to be granted full legal permanent residence.
EB5 applicants' investment must be directed towards 'new commercial enterprises', as defined by USCIS. This does not mean investors must set up a business from scratch, but the business receiving investment must meet certain conditions. These are:
· Having begun trading either on or after November 29 1990, OR
· Having been taken over and undergone extensive restructuring, OR
· Having gained either 40% net worth, or 40% more employees as a result of the EB-5 investment
In order to gain lawful permanent residence through the EB5 visa category investors must have created a minimum of 10 full-time US jobs within two years of entering the US.
Minimum investment: Targeted Employment Areas
For most EB-5 investors a minimum of $1,000,000 of investment is required. However, If the location of the investment is deemed to be a Targeted Employment Area (TEA) that amount drops to $500,000. Targeted Employment Areas fall into 2 categories:
· To be designated a rural TEA an area must be outside of the U.S. Office of Management and Budget's designated metropolitan statistical areas (MSA). The exact definition of such areas is often unclear, but essentially the TEA they must not be near towns or cities with more than 50,000 residents. The second condition of an area being designated a rural TEA is that it must not be within the boundaries of any town with 20,000 residents or more.
· High unemployment TEAs are areas with 20,000 or more residents with an unemployment rate of at least 1.5 times the US average.
Why choose EB-5 Programs
Single $500,000 USD investment offers path to permanent residency for the investor and entire immediate family (Spouse and unmarried children under 21)
No backlog of visa applications from previous years for most countries
No specific employment or residency requirements for US Permanent Residents, who received Green Cards through the EB-5 Program
No requirement that investors or their families be fluent in English
Holders of permanent Green Cards are eligible to make flexible travel arrangements outside the US
Permanent US Residency offers many benefits, such as the following
Children are eligible to attend US universities and colleges at the same prices as US Residents and Citizens.
Exactly the same rights as a US Citizen when it comes to starting and running a business.
Access to the same high-quality healthcare provided to Americans.
Maintain business interests in and travel extensively in other countries, as long as their US Residency is maintained.
Can be eligible for US Citizenship after 5 years of residency.
Steps for registration:
Step 1: Download and fill The Application Form for EB-5 Programs
Step 2: Send Application Form through e-mail: email@example.com
Step 3: GES will respond after 1-3 days